After experimenting with a variety of modes, scales and instrumentation in general the resulted score was produced:
'Intolerance' Clip 3 (Classic Orchestra)
- Scoring for longer length gave birth to several composition ideas as well as several questions.
- Further development of exotic modes and scales. Try to move away from similar film examples.
- The only instrument with 'exotic' sound used was the cimbalom.
- Describing certain expressions with opposite (as what might be expected) music harmonies (e.g describe a fight with a dramatic approach instead of action or anxious music). Imply in this way other hidden emotions such as romanticism.
- Present certain thematic sections (e.g auctioneer).
- What would happen if I change certain instruments with ethnic ones? (keeping the scoring structure intact)
- Would I need to embed extra ones in order to keep the desirable uniformity and immersion?
I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!